Venture Products Inc.
Last Updated: February 1, 2023
1. Ventrac's Commitment to Your Privacy
2. The Personal Data We Collect
Personal Data is any information that enables us to identify you and that is related to an identified or identifiable natural person. We may collect Personal Data from and about you from a variety of sources. We strive to only collect Personal Data that is adequate, relevant, and limited to achieve the purpose(s) for which it was collected, and to keep all Personal Data accurate, complete, and reliable for its intended purpose. We may collect the following categories and types of Personal Data:
- Identifiers including first and last name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, and IP address;
- Financial information including credit card number and other financial information required to purchase our products and services;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information including the unique device identifier of your mobile device, mobile network information, the model and serial number of your mobile device, information regarding your access to and use of an App, the Site pages you visit and the time of your visits, your operating system, browser type, and the domain name of your internet service provider;
- Location Information such as geolocation information from your mobile device;
- Audio, Electronic, Visual or Similar Information such as photos, video, service call recordings, or facility camera footage; and
- Inferences Drawn from Personal Data such as information about your preferences or likelihood to purchase our products or services.
3. How We Collect the Data
- Information You Share with Us. We may collect Personal Data when you provide it to us directly, such as through our business interactions with you; when you visit one of our locations; when you contact us with questions, requests, feedback, or complaints; or when you interact with us on our website, our online customer portals, or through social media. For example, if you visit our website to register a product or engage in certain activities such as ordering a product or service, requesting a demo, or entering a contest, we may ask that you provide us your name, contact information, and product identifying information.
- Information Collected through a Reseller . We may collect your Personal Data when you purchase one of our products online or through a retail outlet. For example, dealers and referral sources provide Ventrac with Personal Data of third-party customers and other individuals.
- Information Obtained from Third Parties . We may collect Personal Data from third-party sources, including our service providers, such as Google Analytics, through your interactions with us on social media, through industry, marketing, or trade associations, and through public agencies or credit bureaus.
You have choices about certain information we collect. When you are asked to provide your Personal Data, you may decline to do so. However, if you choose not to share Personal Data that is necessary for us to provide any aspect of our services, you may not be able to use those services. Where we collect Personal Data from you indirectly through third parties, we will endeavor to inform you as soon as practicable of the identity of the third-party information source and what we intend to do with the Personal Data. Moreover, to the extent that you provide us Personal Data related to another individual, you warrant that you have the right to provide such Personal Data, and you will be fully responsible for any liability arising from any such use of Personal Data, including indemnifying Ventrac from any such liability.
4. Cookies and Other Technologies
Ventrac uses various types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our Sites. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided. These cookies are deleted when you close the browser.
- Performance Cookies collect information in an anonymous form about how visitors use our Sites. They allow Ventrac to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Sites.
- Functionality Cookies allow our Sites to remember choices you make (such as your username, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features and to improve your experience when using our Sites.
- Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies are used to collect information about your browsing habits in order to enable Ventrac and its affiliates to provide you with information about products and services that may be of specific interest to you.
Web Beacons are small strings of code (e.g., 1 x 1 pixel) that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a Web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. You can disable the ability of Web Beacons to capture information by blocking cookies. Persistent Device Identifiers are unique strings that are associated with the mobile device that you use to connect to a mobile application.. Persistent Device Identifiers may be modified or disabled by sophisticated users.
Where our Sites interact with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter or YouTube, these platforms may deploy persistent cookies which will be kept on your device until their expiration or earlier manual deletion. If you use these functionalities, the plug-in and its content are loaded directly from the social media provider's servers and included in the website by your browser. We cannot influence which Personal Data the social media provider will collect about you. For more information, please see the privacy notices of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and others.
You may manage or block cookies at any time by adjusting the browser settings on your device. For comprehensive information on the subject of blocking cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org . For information and to opt out of interest based advertising, you may also access the tools provided on any of the following sites: https://digitaladvertisingalliance.org , www.youronlinechoices.com , and www.networkadvertising.org/choices . Note that clearing cookies from your browser will remove the above opt-outs because they are stored in cookies.
To comply with certain laws, Ventrac may ask for your consent to set the cookies described above. When you arrive on the Site, a banner informing you of the types of cookies we use will appear. By clicking 'continue' you expressly consent to the use of such cookies. Once your consent has been provided, this message will not appear again when you revisit the Site. If you do not click "continue," your continued use of the Site will indicate your implied consent. The banner will remain, and we will set only the cookies for which implied consent is sufficient. If you, or another user of your computer, wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you can do so by altering your browser settings or by selecting the opt-out options above. In some instances, when you opt-out, a new cookie (Opt-Out-Cookie) is placed in your web browser. This tells the third party provider to cease data collection from your browser and prevents advertisements from being delivered to you.
5. How We Use Personal Data
Ventrac may use your information for business purposes in accordance with the law for particular activities, including, without limitation:
- to provide services requested and administer product registration, warranties, and rebates;
- to support our internal activities, such as marketing, product and service development, and dissemination of investor information;
- to process a job application that you may submit to us, manage your login details on our careers platforms and use recruitment tools that allow us to assess applicants' suitability for specific roles;
- to support certain internal processes to ensure protection of property and interests, including fraud detection, internal auditing, supporting internal and external investigations, and conducting security assessments;
- to enable you to contact Ventrac, and for us to respond to you; and
- to operate and improve equipment, services, websites, mobile applications, and support.
We may process your Personal Data for, or based on, one or more of the following legal bases:
- Your Consent: when you opt-in to receive our materials, including marketing and promotional materials, we may process your Personal Data to send messages to you about us and the products and services we offer. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
- Performance of a Contract: we may use your Personal Data to enter into, or perform under, the agreement between us and you or the business with which you are associated.
- Legitimate Interests: we may use your Personal Data for our legitimate interests, including improving our services; providing information about our products and/or services; preventing and detecting fraud; ensuring network and information security; and for administrative and legal compliance purposes.
- Compliance with Legal Obligations and Protection of Individuals : we may use your Personal Data to comply with the law and our legal obligations, as well as to protect you and other individuals from certain harms.
6. Disclosure of your Personal Data
Ventrac may share information about you for the purposes listed above and in accordance with applicable law with:
- Ventrac's affiliates and business units worldwide;
- distributors, dealers or other business partners in connection with the Services as permitted by law, and where required by law, subject to your consent. These parties will process information needed to perform their functions and in accordance with our agreements with them. Ventrac's affiliates, distributors, dealers or other business partners may use this information for marketing and solicitation purposes.
- our outsourced service providers, vendors and consultants, such as merchant services providers, IT consultants, incident response and business continuity vendors;
- credit card authorization service providers and the credit card-issuing bank to confirm and settle payment for products or services purchased on the Services and to facilitate returns or refunds;
- our marketing, communications and advertising partners;
- public where you have included information in our blogs, forums and discussion groups;
- Ventrac may share aggregated anonymous information relating to visitors to and users of the Services with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties;
- legal entities, on a temporary or permanent basis, in connection with a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction, or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes;
- the relevant parties (1) in response to a subpoena, search warrant, court order, or other legal process or request, or as may otherwise be required by applicable law or regulation; (2) to protect and defend Ventrac's rights or property or those of its affiliates, distributors, dealers, business partners, or others; (3) to enforce or apply the Terms or any applicable end user license agreement; or (4) as Ventrac, in its sole discretion, believes is appropriate under exigent circumstances in response to a perceived threat to the personal safety or property of any person or organization; and
- any other third party where you have provided your consent, if such consent is required.
Ventrac does not sell your Personal Data to any third parties, and we have not done so in the prior 12 months.
7. Processing of your Personal Data
In these circumstances, Ventrac will ensure that your Personal Data is adequately protected, as required by law.
8. Your Rights and Choices regarding your Personal Data
Depending on applicable data protection and privacy laws, you may be entitled to a variety of legal rights regarding the collection and processing of your Personal Data
Individual rights vary depending on the laws of the jurisdiction applicable to you, but may include:
- The right to know whether, and for what purposes and from what source, we collect and/or process Personal Data.
- The right to access, modify, or correct Personal Data.
- The right to know with whom we have shared your Personal Data, for what purpose, and what Personal Data has been shared.
- Where processing of Personal Data about you is based on consent, the right to withdraw your consent to such processing.
- The right to object to decisions based on profiling or automated decision-making that produce legal or similarly significant effects on you.
- The right to request restriction of processing of your Personal Data or object to processing of your Personal Data carried out pursuant to (i) our legitimate interest or (ii) performance of a task in the public interest (including, but not limited to, processing for direct marketing purposes).
- In certain circumstances, the right to data portability, which means that you can request that we provide certain Personal Data about you in a machine-readable format.
- In certain circumstances, the right to erasure and/or the right to be forgotten, which means that you can request deletion or removal of certain Personal Data we process about you.
- The right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Data. We note that we have not and do not sell your Personal Data.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a regulator, including relevant supervisory authorities, located in the jurisdiction of your residence, place of work, or where an alleged violation of law occurred.
You may exercise these rights, to the extent they apply to you, by completing this form (if you are located in the European Economic Area, UK and Switzerland) or this form (if you are located in the US). US residents may also contact us by phone: 1-844-521-2381. Note, however, that we may request certain reasonable additional information (that may include Personal Data) to help us authenticate your identity, your request, and/or to clarify or understand the scope of such requests.
You also have choices about how we communicate with you and how we process certain Personal Data about you. You may opt-out of receiving marketing or other communications from us at any time by following the opt-out link or unsubscribe information in correspondence you receive from us. If you opt-out of receiving email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications, it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your request and you may continue to receive promotional communications from us during that period. You will continue to receive administrative messages regarding our services, or transactions you have entered into with us, even after opting-out of promotional communications.
You also have the right to opt out of cookie collection, as outlined above. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify this in your browser's settings. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our websites or applications. Note our websites do not take any action in response to "do not track" signals that may be transmitted by some web browsers. Third-party advertising networks are not permitted to collect information about our users.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the "Shine the Light" law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what Personal Data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once per year per person, must be sent to the email address below, and are free of charge.
9. Retention of your Personal Data
Ventrac keeps your Personal Data as long as Ventrac needs it for the purposes for which it was originally collected (or to which you have subsequently consented), for other legitimate purposes (such as regulatory compliance), or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law. You may contact us at the address below about further detail about our data retention periods in relation to your Personal Data.
10. Ventrac's Relationship to other Sites or Mobile Applications that can be Accessed through the Services
11. Collection of Personal Data from Minors
Ventrac's Services are not directed to or intended for children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not use or submit any Personal Data to us. By using our services, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received Personal Data from an individual under age 18, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Ventrac's Commitment to Security of Your Personal Data
Ventrac has implemented appropriate physical, managerial, and technical measures to protect the security of data and information and to ensure a level of security of Personal Data appropriate to the risks of a breach. Unless applicable law provides otherwise, Ventrac does not guarantee against any loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration or destruction of data, including Personal Data. While Ventrac strives to protect your data, Ventrac cannot always guarantee the security of any information you transmit to or from the Services, and you provide such information at your own risk. You acknowledge that: (1) there are security and privacy limitations in computer systems and on the Internet which are beyond Ventrac's control; and (2) any such information and data, including Personal Data, may be viewed or tampered with by a third party while such information or data is being used, transmitted, processed, or stored.
13. Non-Discrimination and Non-Retaliation
15. How to Contact Us
All communications must be in the English language.